Monday, 23 September 2013

Serbia and the end of the summer


Tomato soup. I think it's my favourite soup so far... I couldn't resist taking a photo for sharing with you. Ok, it looks kinda "bloody", but it's awesome!



This is called proja. It's basically corn bread.

And this is what you get when you dip proja into the milk.



I had the opportunity to have svadbarski kupus (we can call it "wedding cabbage") for lunch. I took a walk to the place and I found this on the floor. I had to take a picture.

















This dish is a type of crock that has to cook for at least 6 hours. It's made of sour cabbage and beef, pork, lamb... (different kind of meat). This recipe uses to be cooked for weddings, specially in the past, so we could say that it's a traditional dish and to be honest, it's the perfect excuse for meeting with friends and eat in the yard.


Also, we could try our aiming skills shooting pepper, which was quite fun.

This is a homemade burek.
Burek is made of handmade filo dough and any filling that you like (it's serbian cheese in this case). The most common fillings are meat or cheese. I recomend you to drink yogurt while eating this yummy pastry.





Again, in the following pictures you have more handmade pasta. It's really curious for me, since in Spain we don't use to do that. We just go to the supermarket, buy some pasta, and what we do at home is just boil it and add some tomato sauce or cheese or whatever you want.
So you will probably think that I'm stupid with all these pasta photos, but for me it's something that I'm not used to see. And what the hell... It looks awesome in the picture!


I decided to take my camera and and walk by the Morava river.


We met "Žule", some dog taking care of the terrace... hihihi


















Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment